31 October, 2013

2013 David Gemmell Legend Award Winners

Speaking of winners, here are some more winners for today. The David Gemmell Legend Award are voted on by anyone with internet access and probably even more and continue to be one of my favorite awards. There are problems inherent in every award, whether judged by a panel or popularly, but this one always at least has books I've heard of so there's that. :)

And that's even despite the fact that my picks never win, as goes for this year.

From the David Gemmell Legend Award site, here ya go:


2013 RAVENHEART AWARD FOR BEST FANTASY COVER ART
Didier Graffet and Dave Senior for the cover of Red Country by Joe Abercrombie (Gollancz)

Comment: I voted for The Black Mausoleum because that dragon is just awesome and because these Abercrombie covers used to be the best thing since sliced bread ... before they were put on each consecutive release.



2013 MORNINGSTAR AWARD FOR BEST FANTASY DEBUT
John Gwynne for Malice (Pan MacMillan)


Comment: I didn't read any of these so I didn't vote. Simple as that.



2013 LEGEND AWARD FOR BEST FANTASY NOVEL
Brent Weeks for The Blinding Knife (Orbit)


Commentary: It was really down to this one or Red Country let's be honest. I voted for King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence.

0 comments: