12 December, 2011

It's News To Me #30 - Flowcharts and Lists and The Dark Knight Rises

I just have two more finals left and I'm outta here... well, I'm done after the two finals and then a week later I'm outta here. Did I mention I'm going on a cruise for the holidays? It's my first one and I'm pretty excited. Any recommendations on what to bring/not waste my time with (besides my new Kindle)?

Flowchart for Holiday Purchases: SF Signal, the people behind the epic NPR recommendation flowchart, has put together a guide for the holiday season. Careful, make sure you have an hour or two.

Rules of Magic: Io9 put together a list of the rules of magic in fantasy books, movies, etc. It includes rules like who can use the magic, how it works, and how to defeat it.

So, who's excited? (Thanks to Sqt for bringing this to my attention)


Free eBook, The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells: This looks really good and the price is right. I don't know how long this lasts, but you might want to get on it now.

0 comments: